London is one of the largest cities in the world and England, It is also the capital city of the United Kingdom. London is a global leader in the arts, commerce, education, entertainment, fashion, finance, healthcare, journalism, professional services, research and development, tourism, and transportation. That’s the answer to Why London is famous for.
After Covid Stats of Tourism:
London became the hub of world tourism. Tourism in London is badly affected by Covid-19. According to the Govt of London Report, before Covid-19 almost 19.7 tourists visited a day but now it come down to 4.3 million.
Quicks Facts About London:
- Population: 8.9 Million
- Location: Southeastern England
- Area: 1572 Square Km
- Visa Price: $280
- Language: English but more than 300 languages are spoken there
- Literacy Rate:99%
Fiver Interesting Reasons Why London Is Famous For Tourists:
As we discuss above London welcomes tourists warmly. If you live in London or any part of the world, London Tourists places always inspire you. Every time there is something new you discover in your London Tour.
Buckingham Palace is one of the top tourist attraction in London. This attraction should be in your checklist while visiting London. This palace is located in the city of Westminster, Buckingham palace is the residence of the royal family of London, Queen Elizabeth spent 96 years in this palace. Almost 150 years has spent on building this Palace. King George got this palace in 1761 and give it the name “The Queen Palace”.
Quicks Information About Palace:
- Bedrooms: 756
- State Room’s 19
- Offices: 92
- Guest Room: 52
- Staff Bedrooms: 188
- Bathrooms: 78
There is a famous balcony at the palace because whenever there is an event in London or the Palace, the Royal family comes there and shakes people’s hands.
Tower Of London:
The Tower of London is an ancient palace in central London. It was founded in 1066 by William the Conqueror and has featured as an imperial palace, a prison, a treasury, a royal menagerie, an armory, and the home of England’s Crown Jewels. The White Tower, which gives the castle its name, was completed in 1078 by William the Conqueror and is the most well-known of the towers.
London Tower is enriched with History and important rules in the Politics and cultural life of England. Now it become the top tourist attraction in London, you can visit many buildings here. Bloody Tower, White Tower, and others.
Delicious Traditional Foods in London:
Food is the one factor that attracts tourists. Every country city and even area has specific food attractions. Hundreds of tourists around the world travel only for food. Same like other cities, London is also enriched with traditional food. There are much of delicious food in London but we share some with you.
Traditional Breakfast For The Energy:
Breakfast is the start of the day and it should be healthy and full of energy, Are you planning to enjoy London Tourism? Don’t forget to eat traditional food in London City. It includes 2 scrambled eggs, black pudding, toast, and fried bacon. Keep in mind it’s a single dish but that’s the best breakfast.
A Sunday roast is a classic British main dish served on Sundays. Roasted meat (such as beef, hog, or chicken), roast potatoes, roasted vegetables (such as carrots, Brussels sprouts, and parsnips), and gravy are typical ingredients. There are several pubs and restaurants in London that serve Sunday roasts; look online to find the best ones near you. The Roebuck, The Harwood Arms, and The Eagle are among popular pubs and restaurants in London that provide Sunday roasts.
London Welcome Tourists of Low Budget
London is a city that welcomes tourists of all budgets. While it can be an expensive city to visit, there are still many ways to enjoy the city without spending a lot of money. Here are some tips for visiting London on a low budget:
- Use public transportation: London has an extensive public transportation network, including the Underground, buses, and overground trains. You can save money by purchasing an Oyster card, which offers discounted fares.
- Visit free attractions: London is home to many free attractions, such as the British Museum, the Tate Modern, and the National Gallery. There are also many parks and gardens that are free to visit, such as Hyde Park and Regent’s Park.
- Explore the city on foot: Walking is a great way to see the city and it’s completely free. You can take a self-guided walking tour or join a free walking tour to learn about the city’s history and culture.
- Sample affordable local cuisine: London is known for its diverse food scene, and there are many affordable options available. Try visiting food markets like Borough Market or Camden Market, or sample street food from food trucks and stalls.
- Stay in budget accommodations: London has a range of budget accommodations, including hostels and budget hotels. You can also consider staying in an Airbnb to save money on accommodation.
London’s River Thames
Thames is famous for trading and transport in the early 90s. Now its became the most attractive tourist attraction for tourists. According to the report, almost 23 Million tourists visit the Thames River. Thames River flow from the center of the country. It is one of the longest rivers. Thames River covers almost 5500 square miles of area. There are many reasons to visit this river some of which the mentions below
- The River Thames has been an important trade route for centuries, and it was once the busiest port in the world.
- The river is home to a variety of wildlife, including seals, porpoises, and over 120 species of fish.
- The River Thames is tidal, which means that the water level rises and falls twice a day. At high tide, the river can be up to 7 meters deep.
- Many of London’s most famous landmarks are located along the River Thames, including the Tower Bridge, the Houses of Parliament, and the London Eye.
- The River Thames has been the inspiration for many famous works of literature, including Dickens’s “Oliver Twist” and Virginia Woolf’s “Mrs. Dalloway”.
- The Thames Path is a 184-mile walking trail that follows the entire length of the river, from its source in the Cotswold’s to the sea.
- The River Thames played an important role in the history of London, from the Roman occupation to the Great Fire of London in 1666.
Ultimately, London’s combination of antiquity, culture, attractions, and ever-changing landscape makes it a must-see destination for tourists from all over the world. Picnic Advisor mentions the top 5 reasons why London is famous for tourists. If you want to know more about traveling keep in touch with us.